Wednesday, February 10, 2010

41:365

There is nothing like family. And I am so thankful for my family and the way they have completely rallied around Sean and me. This morning, I got up and wasn't really feeling much better than yesterday, but figured I might as well go to work since a whole day in bed yesterday didn't make me feel any better. All night last night I was having cramps, so I called my doctor's office right before I left for work, just thinking they would tell me to drink more water and take it easy since I'd been sick. Wrong-o. The nurse told me to go straight into Labor & Delivery. Yikes. I didn't have time for this to be happening... my mom was coming later tonight and I hadn't lifted a finger to clean anything all weekend. I called Sean and told him we had to go to the hospital. I was so not ready for this to be happening. We grabbed my bag and spent the next 6 or 7 hours in the hospital.

After an ultrasound, it was confirmed that Whitney had gone to heaven already. Words cannot describe the grief and sadness. I really believe that her fragile little body just could not handle my being sick. I believe she passed away late Tuesday night/early Wednesday morning... when the contractions started coming regularly every 5 minutes. I begged our doctor to let us wait until tomorrow to deliver. Since I wasn't dialated and the contractions were tolerable, he let me go home. While we were at the hospital, Sean called my sister who immediately hopped on a plane from Phoenix. This was no small task for her... she has a 2 year old and a 3 month old as well as a very busy pastor hubby. But she worked it out so she was able to be here with me.

Mom was expecting to come spend time with me while I was still pregnant, but for some reason, unbeknownst to us, God chose this time for Whitney's birth. While I am totally not ready for this to be over, for Whitney to be gone, I am so glad my mom and sister could be here with me. Mom might not have been able to be here for Whitney's birth if it had happened later. The picture for today is of me showing mom and Megan all of the stuff we have for Whitney... her bunny, a book, things to put her footprints on, her gown, bracelet, etc. Our hearts are so heavy today, but we can't wait to meet our angel tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment