Wednesday, February 24, 2010

55:365


Whitney came home today. Well, the funeral home brought us the urn with her ashes. I typed that sentence a hundred times, trying to come up with a better way to say it, but there just isn't one. Anyway I put it, it still sounds so cold. This is not the way we envisioned bringing our baby home. We envisioned her being healthy, whole, warm and breathing. But we didn't get that privilege. The funeral director came by our house today to personally deliver Whitney's ashes. After she left, mom and I sat at the kitchen table with our heads in our hands as we wept and held each other. This isn't the way it was supposed to be. A few minutes after the funeral director left, another knock came on our door and it was this beautiful bouquet of flowers... from Whitney's daddy. My hubby. Love of my life.


We placed the urn in this beautiful box. My mom had a friend of her's make it especially for us. I am going to put some of Whitney's other momentos in it, too. This is a close-up shot of the top of the box. My mom created the design for the top. It is absolutely beautiful. The tiny infant urn only takes up 1/4 of the box so there is room for the gown she wore, her foot prints, the lock of hair we took, and a few other special things.


My mom and I spent the entire afternoon in the kitchen making more food for our freezer. We made a huge double batch of Skyline chili, 4 meatloafs (mom's are the best!) and another HUGE batch of 16 breakfast burritos. If anyone is hungry for a breakfast burrito, come to our house! They're delish! I love having my mom here and am so sad she has to go home tomorrow. :-( Yesterday evening, the three of us played a game of Carcassone. I won, but only by two points. It was a good game... I took the above pic of Seal while we were playing. He loves to sit on Sean's lap and steal his little game pieces. This picture was just too cute to pass up.

No comments:

Post a Comment