Monday, February 22, 2010

53:365

Today was a fun day! Mom and I went out this morning in search of some new shirts for her. We went to Kohl's and found a bunch of great clothes. I even found a GREAT jacket that I absolutely LOVE! Then we went over to Joann's. Mom found some fabric she's been looking for to finish David's quilt, and I got some more scrapbook paper for Whitney's album. I also got some thank-you notes with cute little baby feet on them. (Gotta get on those Thank-you's!) Then we went to In-N-Out for yummy lunch. While we were eating lunch, we decided to go get pedicures. Only problem was we both needed to shave our legs! Luckily Walgreen's was on the way. So mom ran in and got some disposable razors and we shaved our legs in the parking lots of Walgreen's! (All the while hoping no one pulled up beside us.) Phew, we were in the clear. So with smooth legs and no one the wiser, we went on to Aqua Nails to get our toes prettified. It was so nice and relaxing! We even splurged and got pretty flowers put on them. :-)

I don't usually get pedicures because I just don't really like my feet. Feet are weird to me in general. Kinda like knees... they're just knobby and odd. I'm not one of those people totally grossed out by feet, I just don't find much that is endearing about them. Well, all that changed the day our daughter was born. Like every mom does, I inspected every inch of her tiny body... counting her fingers and toes. When I got down to her toes, I discovered that she had the same toes as me... her second toe is bigger than her first!! I've never cared for that feature on my feet, but now, I absolutely love it. It reminds me of my daughter, something we share. And my mom has the same thing, too. Every time I look at my toes, I think of Whitney's perfect little tootsies and smile. That's what I kept thinking of the whole time I was getting a pedicure. Maybe I'll start getting those more often. :-)

Up tomorrow: tackling my closet. We're talking a serious purge!

No comments:

Post a Comment