Friday, February 12, 2010

43:365

Does the look on our faces say it all? We're leaving the hospital without our daughter. We just had a baby.... we are now parents. But our arms are empty. For now, at least. This is Whitney's bunny that we picked out just for her. We had great nurses and wonderful, compassionate care at the hospital, for which we are so greatful. I was dreading the ride home in silence... no car seat in the back. But the ride home was made a lot better than I thought because both my mom and sister were with us on the ride home. I can't say enough how thankful I am that they were with us through this all. So today starts a new kind of normal. Normal with a side of suck. Not sure when we'll be used to this new normal, because right now, I really don't like it. Sean told me today that I had better watch out, because when Whitney was born, his capacity to love grew exponentially. And without her here to actually love on, all that love is going to overflow to me! I told him I think I could handle that... and will really need it. We miss her so much. My dad flew in from Cairo, Egypt today. It was SO good to have him here. I am still in awe of how quickly he was able to get here. I love my dad so much, too.... I am just overwhelmed with how blessed I am by love.

No comments:

Post a Comment