Thursday, March 11, 2010

70:365



It was exactly one month ago today that we held our baby girl for the first and last time. I cannot believe that the past 4 weeks have gone by as fast as they have. My maternity leave ends in two weeks, then it will really be back to 'normal' life... our new normal. This morning, I wanted nothing more than to wake up, grab my precious girl up from her crib and tell her "Happy One Month Birthday." But taht didn't happen... I hope and pray some day I will have that chance. But for today, Sean and I went to the lake where we had Whitney's memorial service. It was a beautiful day. We picked up some Chick-fil-A on the way (Whitney LOVED sweet tea... she'd always get real active when I drank that...hmmmm... maybe it was just the sugar? Nah, I think she really liked it!) then just hung out for a little bit.



These crazy ducks were everywhere!! The terrified look on my face really says it all! That big white one was pecking at me!! It was nice to get out to the park, to think about our baby, to miss her, and to look forward to holding her again in heaven. We are one month further away from the last time we held her, but we are also one month closer to the day we will hold her again. Oh sweet, sweet day. :-)

1 comment:

  1. Shey, those aren't all ducks. :) geese can be mean if you're not careful! we use to raise them on the farm. when they have babies around, fyi, don't try to pick them up, the turn out won't be pretty. lol

    ReplyDelete