Saturday, March 13, 2010

72:365

What's my favorite place to be on a Saturday morning? Well other than still in bed, its BJ's Kountry Kitchen! Sean and I LOVE this place for breakfast. Its a good 'ol, homestyle cookin' place... closest we can get to a Waffle House or Cracker Barrel breakfast this far west. :-) We love it because they always play country music, the interior decor is tacky, country hodge-podge, and we've gotten to know the waiters and waitresses over the past few years. But the main reason we really love it is because it reminds us a lot of North Carolina. Today as we were eating our breakfast, I closed my eyes, and just for a quick second, it felt like we could get up and walk out the door onto Julian R Allsbrook Hwy. I miss NC a lot... a lot more than I thought I would. I miss the people, the food, the hospitality, the giant magnolia trees and brilliant azaleas, the sweet tea (!!!)... basically, the down-home Southern goodness of it all. And BJ's Kountry Kitchen is that momentary escape for us, way out here in the Golden state.

1 comment:

  1. I miss NC, too! I only live in SC, but there's something about NC that is just home, no matter what!

    ReplyDelete