Monday, March 15, 2010

74:365

I got this precious painting from my adorable little niece today. She painted it the day of Whitney's memorial service. My sister wrote a really nice note with it, so I thought I'd just post that instead of trying to explain. Here's part of her letter:
"This is the painting Emmalia did for Whitney on the day of her memorial service. I got the idea from a magazine, but as we did it, it seemed more and more fitting for Whitney. We made the painting by adding just a few drops of paint to a bubbles solutions, blew the bubbles and caught them on the paper.

I thought abou thow beautiful and joy-giving bubbles are. I thought about hoe quickly they disappear. I though about Whitney and her beauty, the joy she gave us all when you shared you were pregnant and as you hit milestones of feeling her move and discovering her gender.

How quickly she went home to Heaven... But you and Sean gave her the greatest gift-- a little pain in the bubble solution-- celebrating and protecting her life, sharing your story, sharing her birth with us, giving her her place in your family and ours. Because of that she has made a lasting impression on this earth and in our hearts forever. She will never be forgotten. She is a masterpiece."

Thanks sis and Emmalia! What a beautiful analogy... and I agree, she is a masterpiece!

No comments:

Post a Comment