Sunday, May 9, 2010

129:365


Today is Mother's Day. I miss my little girl so much. I wish with all my strength that she were here to celebrate with me. Yes, its a tough day. But I have so much to be thankful for in regards to Whitney. I am so thankful that I got to experience all the things I did with her... the heartburn, the nausea, the moodswings, her kicks and flutters, contractions and giving birth to her. Most of all, though, I am so thankful that I now know what people mean when they talk about the love between a parent and a child. When I was younger, I tried to imagine what that might feel like, but I wasn't even close. Because I Whitney, I have a new level of understanding of God's love for me. And I am absolutely floored and humbled with that knowledge.

I've had this candle lit today... right now its sitting beside me as I type. The sweet scent of gardenias gently wafts my way as breeze from outside blows it in my direction. A sweet reminder of all the beauty I once held in my arms for only a day... and a glimpse of the promise that she has been restored and renewed, now praising her Jesus forever.


In other not-so-serious-or-sad news, my car hit the 100,000 mile mark today! Now, if only we can get that trusty Honda to go 100,000 more miles, I"ll be super happy! Sean and I drove around today until it hit the mark. lol... it was pretty fun. We went out to Kohl's on the other side of town to get a pair of shoes I wanted for our trip to Egypt. Then we went to Blockbuster to pick up Avatar on BluRay, and made one last pit stop for a 1/2 price Starbucks Frappuccino!

No comments:

Post a Comment