Wednesday, May 19, 2010

139:365

We're almost there!!

Flowers in our room from mom's maid... so pretty!

Well sometime in the past 24 hours, it became Wednesday! We made it from Chicago to Frankfurt (10 hours) and then finally to Cairo (4 hours). Let me tell you, if I never have to fly through Frankfurt again it would be too soon! That airport is nuts. We had nearly 2 hours to make our connecting flight, but had to go back through security and just barely made it. I would NOT have been happy if we'd missed that flight!!! But, we made it. *whew* Our last flight, from Germany was on Lufthansa. At first sight, it looks like a great plane... individual tv's, tiny cupholders in the seatbacks... great! But then.... when we got in flight and the person in front of me laid his seat back, I nearly had a heart attack from claustrophobia. The seats reclined SO FAR it, the person in front of me was practically in my lap. Very uncomfortable!!! But... finally... after 3 days, 5 flights, and 72+ hours of travel, we made it to Egypt. And it was ALLLLL worth it! Mom and dad greeted us at the airport with a bouquet of flowers. When we got to their house, Mom's maid had also brightened up several rooms with fresh flowers, in our honor. It was so good to be with mom and dad. I can't wait for the adventures to come!! Tomorrow: the Great Pyramids!!!! Aaaaaah! Someone pinch me! Am I really here?!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment