Friday, May 28, 2010

148:365





Another great day in paradise!! We woke up and had breakfast at the hotel today-- a yummy buffet! Then it was time for our swimsuits! We headed out to the beach and got some snorkel gear. I had never been snorkeling before, and this was incredible. Sharm El Sheikh is famous for its beautiful snorkeling and diving... and it did not disappoint! The water itself is a perfect, see-through teal color. And there were bright orange and pink and purple and yellow and green coral... and the FISH!!! Oh, my-- the fish! All kinds!! Clown fish, sting rays, pipe fish, and all other kinds of fish I don't even know! There was a kid who was snorkeling around us that was feeding the fish with bread. He would throw some pieces in our direction and the fish swarmed all around us!! As in, they were touching my legs!!! An absolutely incredible expereince! I spent more time today just laying out and reading my book, "The Heretic Queen." This is perfect relaxation!


After a day on the beach, we set out along the boardwalk again. Before dinner, we had drinks and hookah at a bedouin bar. This was so fun and surprisingly relaxing!! They just throw rugs and pillows on the floor and cover the perimeter of the outdoor bar in bright lights and stars... it was great! We all tried hookah... it was interesting. I couldn't quite get it down though... I would swallow when I wasn't supposed to and would start coughing! It was pretty funny. But dad and Sean were pretty good at it too. I wish we had something like this at home... it was the perfect relaxing, social hang out. So much in other cultures is geared toward being social... why can't we have things like this in America!!? :-) For dinner, we went to a yummy teppanyaki place in our hotel. I got to be the "guest chef" complete with kimono and head band thingy. It was fun! I love this place and definitely want to go back!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment