Tuesday, May 18, 2010

138:365


I've almost lost track of what day it is. We spent the night in LAX last night... that was quite the experience!!! Pretty much everything in the aiport closes down... the shops, the restaurants, the gates, etc. But they leave all the lights on and the janitors come in to clean. It was kind of strangely cool to be in a mostly-abandoned airport... but kinda not. :-) When we landed, we tried to find a place to camp out for the night. All the gates in our terminal were pretty open, meaning they weren't closed off or anything... they just kinda blended into the main hallway. That wouldn't work, with all the cleaning people buzzing about. We walked around and finally found the only little alcove in the entire terminal. The only problem was, there was a security guard who was taking a little snooze....and SNORING super loud. It was really quite comical. I wanted to record it on the Flip camera, but Sean wouldn't let me. I got myself all decked out in my airport camping gear-- ear plugs, neck pillow, airplane blanket and eyemask. Unfortunately, I could still hear Mr. Dozing Guard snoring away. We had in our carry-on some noise canceling headphones my mom had bought for Dad's birthday. I tried those-- with the earplugs!!-- and could still hear Mr. Dozing Guard sawing logs. Sheesh. Finally, after a while, he snorted himself to consciousness and bolted up and outta there like a bat outta hell. I think I got maybe an hour or two of sleep before a group of people woke me up by talking. SERIOUSLY PEOPLE??!??! You have an enitre, empty airport to sit and talk... but you choose the one little alcove where people are sleeping?!?!??!?! That just betrays the boundaries of any shred of common sense. So taht was all the sleep I got. Next, we're on our way to Chicago, where we will change planes, then head on over to Europe. Its only taken us 3 days to get out of California.....

No comments:

Post a Comment