Friday, May 14, 2010

134:365


I have never had allergies before I moved to Fresno. Well, maybe I did but they were at worst, seasonal and I didn't notice them very much. But the past couple of years, since we moved here, it has just gotten worse and worse. A few days ago, I decided it was time for me to start working out again, so I went to the gym with Sean. After I warmed up by walking for about 10 minutes, I decided to try to run... that lasted all of two minutes before I had an asthma attack! Add asthma to the list of things I've never had before living in the Golden State. Sheesh. So, after going to the allergist (who I'm sure make a killing at business here) this is what I wound up with... 4 new daily medications. And the best part? They're all name brand. That's right... no generics for a single one of any of these!!! My co-pay is $30 for each name brand drug... add that up and its a whopping $120 PER MONTH! So we'll see if these things actually work. And if they do, I guess I will considerate a small (ha?) price to pay for being able to breathe. But every time I stand at the Walgreen's Pharmacy counter, I can't help but think "You know how many cute shoes I could buy for $120??!!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment