Sunday, May 30, 2010

150:365

Mom's dining room, from the kitchen... I really like their place! I don't want to leave!

Today is our last full day in Egypt. :-( It has been such a great trip. We just did a few last minute things today... we went back to Road 9 to pick up some more things and really just hung out with mom. We went to mom's favorite copper store to order a few Christmas gifts for family, and we also went to the jewelry store to pick up a necklace I had made... its my name written in Arabic! I love it- it is so pretty!!! I am so sad to leave mom and dad, but I'm happy to know that they'll be back in August. Mom's friend Avis had us over for dinner tonight. It was so sweet of her and her husband! They cooked brats, (which is a sacrifice in a muslim country) and served yummy margaritas and all the fixin's. Avis's house is a treasure trove of collectibles and wonders! It was so fun to hang out with them on our last night. Mom has made some really good friends in Egypt, and I hope she continues to meet more fun people!

No comments:

Post a Comment