Monday, May 10, 2010

130:365

I have the greatest husband in the world. He is truly so good to me... so thoughtful, creative, loving and sensitive. After Whitney was born, he began to write a children's book about a little girl named Whitney Jill. All her friends call her Whitty J, because she is very smart and loves to solve mysteries. So the first book he wrote is about an adventure that Whitty J had with her friends, bunny and Seal the cat. They go on a hunt for Mr. Squirrle's stolen acorn. Its a great story... and for a guy who's never really even read a children's book before, it is incredibly descriptive and creative! I love it. I wish I knew how to go about getting a children's book published, because it really is a great first book with many more to come! For Mother's Day, Sean wrote me another Whitty J story. In this book, she goes on a hunt for clues to what Whitty J's mommy was like as a little girl. It is such a sweet book... he talked to my mom for some ideas and asked her questions about when I was little, then incorporated them into the book. He even used some of my baby pictures in it! I love the way Sean is using his gift for writing to keep the presence of our baby girl very much alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment