Monday, April 12, 2010

102:365


It was a CRAZY weather day today! This morning started off like a normal day, then it just started raining and pouring like crazy! I was at work a little later than usual, and right before I left I heard hail starting to hit the skylight above my desk. After I got headed home, I was waiting at the light right before the on-ramp to the highway, and saw that traffic was WAY backed up. So I decided to just take the city streets. That proved to be very... interesting. People in California don't know how to drive when there's a grey cloud in the sky, let alone hail pouring down from it!! At one point, the car in front of me just completely stopped. It was a city street, 45 mile per hour speed limit, green light, and the driver in this car just stopped. After I *politely* honked, she just motioned that she was on the phone. REALLY!? Seriously? I have no idea what she was doing... but eventually she got off the phone and drove on. Nuts. So as everyone around me was freaking out at the hail and lightening, I took pictures out my window. :-) A drive that is usually 15 to 20 minutes took me almost an hour. But I still love storms!

No comments:

Post a Comment