Tuesday, April 20, 2010

110:365


This is Kristi, our director where I work and J. Today Kristi and I went to the state college to see a pro-life exhibit called "Justice For All." I looked up the event online before we went to see it in person and was very put off by their graphic pictures. It confronts the realities of abortion. I've always tried to approach the subject with sensitivity... you never know who may have been impacted by abortion. And flashing gory pictures is hardly showing love. So we were curious about this event. Well we went to look at it (in the rain!) and I was actually surprised... the exhibit was set up very nicely and respectfully. There were some pretty intense conversations going on, and Kristi and I just kind of stood by and listened. Yes, the pictures were shocking and I deliberately did not look at them (too hard to see after Whitney), but on a college campus, they were very clearly effective. The facilitators were not confrontational at all in the way they interacted... they simply posed questions that made people think. Later in the afternoon, Kristi and J were working on a video shoot for a promo thing at work. Kristi took us to this awesome place for shooting pictures and video downtown. That's where I snapped this picture of them. It was so neat! I definitely want to go back with some friends and have a fun photo shoot!!

No comments:

Post a Comment