Sunday, April 4, 2010

94:365

So today is Easter. Happy Resurrection Sunday! This is my favorite day of the year... I look forward all year to singing His praises at the top of my lungs. He has overcome the grave! Sin has lost its power! Death has lost its sting! Today was a hard day, though... and to be honest, I didn't see that coming. When I got home from church and done with our Easter lunch with friends (Thanks for having us over for another holiday, Fords! You've truly become our 'adopted' family!), I logged on to Facebook and saw all of my friends with their kiddos... all dolled up for Easter. It made me miss Whitney so much. Sean said she would have had a big beautiful bow on top of her head today. I agree. I miss her so much. Tonight, I was in the kitchen fixing some dinner. Sean had just gone to the store, and when he came home, I noticed these flowers on our (work in progresss) bookshelves. I said with excitement: "Did you get me flowers?!" Sean came over and said, "Well, they're really not for you. They're for Whitney." He asked if I was upset that he didn't get me flowers, and I told him of course not! Flowers for Whitney are a million times better than flowers for me. I think we'll keep flowers over here by Whitney's box until we are able to bury her ashes by her Grandma Jill. Just to remind us of the beauty that is her life.

No comments:

Post a Comment