Saturday, April 17, 2010

107:365

Remember those frames I was priming several Saturdays ago? Well it was finally nice enough outside for me to spray paint them. I used the famous "Heirloom White" spray paint (every famous DIY-ers fave) and did two light coats on each. This was my first attempt at spray painting something. I see all these handy ladies doing it on their blogs, and I LOVE the clean, satiny smooth finish it gives. Well... let's just say I need some practice before I tackle anything bigger like, say a side table or bed frame. But, on these frames, the imperfections are hardly noticable. And once I get some fabulous Hampton-Wilson ancestral art in them, the frames will be the last thing on anyone's mind! Which is a good thing, because even though there wasn't much wind today, there were TONS of those annoying white fuzz things that fly through the air. Of course they got stuck in my fresh paint, too! But I thin its going to turn out nice. Sean left for Mexico again today. He was there a couple weeks ago, and is going back to hopefully visit the Huichol tribe. Our church has just 'adopted' them as a people group to focus on bringing Christ to their lives. Its kind of a scary trip, because none of the plans are really certain, but God is in control! I'm excited to hear about his adventures!

No comments:

Post a Comment