Thursday, April 22, 2010

112:365


Lunch with friends two days in a row?! Yay! This is Kirsten. We go to church together and her husband is also a pastor at our church with Sean. She is in nursing school and is doing a rotation at the hospital by my work. Around 12:30 today, she called and asked if I'd eaten lunch yet-- I hadn't! Yay! She had just gotten out of an open heart surgery (cool!) and had about an hour before she had to be back. So we ran over to Mickey D's for some lunch. It was great to see her more than just at church! Love you, Kirsten!

Tonight, I went to speak to a group of teens at Celebrate Recovery. It was a tough group of kids, but they were all so cool and a ton of fun. My heart just hurts for teens-- especially teen girls-- who are selling themselves short. They're giving their hearts away to any boy who comes along, and they all admitted that it hurt. I hope that something I said tonight makes sense and resonates with them. I just want them to know how much value, how much worth they have! And they don't deserve to be treated like trash-- they deserve to be treated with respect and love. Hope I got through to at least one of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment