Wednesday, April 14, 2010

104:365


Sean and I started Financial Peace University today! We have been looking for an FPU class in our city for over a year. FINALLY, we found out there was one at our church! How convenient! My parents went through FPU a year or two ago and just really spoke highly of it. So I am so excited to get started. Both Sean and I admit that this is going to be both a challenge and a new way of living, but we are ready to take it on. The first step is to build a small emergency fund. We already have that done. So now we are on step two, which is the debt snowball... so we will be working on pinching pennies to pay down Sean's pesky student loan. I'm looking forward to being done with that darn thing! After my parents went thru FPU, they really blessed us with some of the things they learned. We are hoping to do the same. One of the big principles behind FPU is to learn to save money so that you can give it away and bless others. Being debt-free frees up a lot of money that you can have fun giving away! I'm really looking forward to that day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment